CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Bye-bye paci!


Getting rid of Bryce's pacifier has been a hot topic as he approaches 3. He loves his paci something fierce and shows no signs of wanting to give it up. I have dreaded this day, as this makes him one step closer to no longer being my "baby." I also thought he would do horrible without it. So here we are, a little less than two months shy of him turning 3. He took a late, short nap and was cranky all evening. Daddy couldn't find his paci, so I told him during story time that he was going to have to go to bed without it. I wasn't serious, but wanted to see what he would say, and he didn't really react. When he got in bed, he said, "daddy can't find my paci." It is not unusual for him to ask for a toy and we will tell him if we find it we will bring it to him, leave him in his bed and usually don't return. So, we told him we would look for the paci and bring it to him if we found it. I found his paci when I went downstairs, but figured we should give it a shot. This was not planned and I am sooo not ready for it, but after about 30 minutes of playing quietly in his bed he fell asleep without his paci. Hopefully it really is this easy, but I have a feeling the battle has just begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment